Hondash is a virtual dashboard (software) which in combination with an interface plugged into a DLC (Data Link Connector) port is able to read in real time the ECU (Electronic Control Unit) data stream and use it to calculate many useful stuff and info for even better driving experience. It's built upon Honda proprietary communication protocol which had been used for OBD1 and OBD2A ECU's.
Hondash comes packed with following features:
- DTC (Diagnostic Troubleshooting Code) management,
- dual shift-light (graphical and acoustic) with individual gear shift point configuration,
- precise measurement of car acceleration (0-100 kph, ... etc., 1/4 mile run),
- calculation of instantaneous and average fuel consumption, total consumed fuel, engine load,
- statistics such as trip time, distance, VTEC engaged distance, top and average speed,
- displaying of real time ECU data such as precise vehicle speed, engine revs, MAP pressure, throttle position, engine and intake temperature, short/long term fuel correction, ignition advance, injection duration, duty cycle, battery voltage, alternator FR, knock retard, ELD, intake air control valve, atmo pressure, O2 sensor voltage with additional realtime calculation of rich/lean switch times etc.,
- selectable on-screen graphs of data streams,
- selectable daytime or nighttime color scheme,
- support for metric and imperial units.
You can check these two video samples of prototype app running back in 2013: