- Spoon ECU, we can confirm that Spoon ECU P73-0030-Z1 works with Hondash. No other Spoon ECU has been tested and confirmed yet.
- Hondata ECU, which uses proprietary hardware, management software and communication protocol, is currently not compatible with Hondash.
- In case of using chipped ECUs (P28, P30, etc.), the compatibility with Hondash depends on the used ROM editor:
- CROME ROM editor has been confirmed to use Honda OEM communication protocol which makes all maps created with it fully compatible with Hondash. For instance, it has been used to modify maps compatible with Hondash running on:
- modded P75 with map based on P72 GSR base map
- chipped P28-G00 with map for JR compressor
- chipped P28-G00 with map using launch control
- ECTUNE ROM editor uses its own proprietary communication protocol and thus all maps created in this editor are not currently compatible with Hondash,
- no other ROM editors have been tested yet (NEPTUNE, etc.)
Hondash does work with some aftermarket or chipped ECUs.
If you want to be on the safe side you should consider using CROME editor to modify ECU maps.
For standalone ECU's (Hondata, etc.), that use proprietary ECU management software and communication protocol, a software update and as well as a hardware revision may be required to successfully connect and communicate with such ECU's.
At this point, it's solely customer's responsibility to make sure the modified ECU software/map, that is to be used with current Hondash interface, does use Honda the original communication protocol for the DLC port communication.